Vogue India, the country’s leading fashion, beauty, luxury and lifestyle multi-media brand has honouredit’s list of exemplary winners at its annual Women of the Year Awards in association with Serum Institute of India. Now in its fourth edition, Vogue India’s Women Of The Year Awards returned in a special virtual avatar of the ceremony that honoured the women who defined this extraordinary year. It brought together trailblazers and visionaries, celebrating some of the most prolific achievers from various disciplines, be it fashion, business, philanthropy, or sport.
Keeping in mind the current times, the awards took place in a virtual format and celebrated the achievers of the year, alongside the women who have led the battle against COVID-19, both behind-the-scenes and on the frontlines. Day 1 of the unique line-up paid tribute to our new warriors, the women who have led the battle against COVID-19, including the health and social welfare minister of Kerala, KK Shailaja, the India Women’s National Field Hockey Team, alongside our frontline heroes. Day 2 honoured leaders of industry from KiranMazumdar Shaw and Sarah Burton to Gita Gopinath. And finally Day 3 spotlighted global superstars and the entertainers of the year including Priyanka Chopra Jonas, VidyaBalanandDuaLipa.
“We launched Vogue’s Women Of The Year four years ago with a single-minded focus—to celebrate powerful and inspiring women. And in this unprecedented year, women have given us the resilience, hope and courage to keep at it. From the women on the frontlines battling the pandemic head on to those monitoring global economic policy and the ones who kept us entertained as we stayed at home. So join us in celebrating the women who defined this extraordinary year.” – PriyaTanna, Editor in Chief, Vogue India
The event premiered worldwide across Vogue India’s digital platforms and to watch the repeat telecast, visit Vogue India’s Instagram, Facebook and YouTube channels. You can also follow the hashtag#VogueWOTY2020 for more updates.
List of winners:
- Leader of the year: KK Shailaja
- Warrior of the year: Dr Kamala Rammohan,Reshma Mohandas, Swati Raval, RichaShrivastavaChhabra, RemaRajeshwari
- Sportswomen of the year:India Women’s National Field Hockey Team
- Business leader of the year: KiranMazumdar Shaw
- Tech leader of the year: DebjaniGhosh
- Global designer of the year: Sarah Burton
- Environmentalist of the year: DiaMirza
- Global thought leader of the year: Gita Gopinath
- Global entertainer of the year: DuaLipa
- Performer of the year: VidyaBalan
- Global youth influencer of the year: Camila Cabello
- Spotlight of the year: MeghaMajumdar, NilzaWangmo, TriptiDimri, Tanya Maniktala
- Global disruptor of the year: JameelaJamil
- Global Indian Icon of the year: Priyanka Chopra Jonas