Goa got its first cases of Covid-19 when three persons, all men, with travel history tested positive on Wednesday, the directorate of health services (DHS) said in a medical bulletin.
The DHS bulletin said the condition of all three is stable.
“All three are male patients, of ages 25, 29 and 55 years. They have a travel history of returning to Goa from Spain, Australia and the US, respectively,” it said.
Director of health services Dr Jose D’sa said they had been confined to the isolation facility of a state-run hospital for the past few days. Until now, no suspect who has been admitted in the isolation facility has tested positive.
Chief minister Pramod Sawant said the state is providing the best healthcare facility to the patients. “We have also traced their contacts and are quarantining them,” he said.
Health minister Vishwajit Rane said all precautions are being taken to contain its spread. “Our testing facility will be up and running in the next two days. Our team of doctors are doing the best to make sure we contain the spread of virus in Goa,” Rane said.
Goa has tested over 40 suspects. Until Tuesday, as many as 683 persons were in home quarantine and over 25 persons in quarantine facility in ESI hospital. As many as 12 suspects are under hospital isolation.
Opposition leader Digambar Kamat asked people not to panic, but to take precautions, while GFP president Vijai Sardesai said their travel history and when they had been tested would be interesting. “Nobody should hide these facts. The state’s remedial measures now becomes the focus and the government should come clear on these,” he said
Source: Times of India, Goa
Link to original story: https://epaper.timesgroup.com/Olive/ODN/TimesOfIndia/shared/ShowArticle.aspx?doc=TOIGO%2F2020%2F03%2F26&entity=Ar00101&sk=4C2BB182&mode=text