LIVE FROM THE CONSOLE ROWSON’S RESERVE SMOOTH SPACES MOVES TO SOUTH GOA AS ITS DECEMBER DESTINATION!
Live from the Console Rowson’s Reserve Smooth Spaces, Mumbai’s new music curating crew is off to Goa taking the essence of an intimate gig setting and the music discovery spirit to this beautiful place.. Spread over two days, December 29th and 30th, the first day will focus on Indie rock & pop genres and the second day will feature slots for singer – songwriters and Reggae acts. Each evening, from 13 fabulous acts, 7 local and 6 international will take the stage.
South Goa with its tranquil, glorious stretch of white sandy beaches with a unique, chilled out vibe is an ideal venue for this festival well in line with the attitude of its mother property, Rowson’s Reserve Smooth Spaces, which aims to recreate an urbane, classy and easy going entertainment sphere for the country.
LFTC – The Goa edition will be a no frills, laid back, friendly two day scene with music at its heart amidst the sun & sand. The festival will feature local acts that have all performed at the iconic Mehboob Studios Mumbai at different editions of Live from the Console. The lineup includes some of the best acts – Nikhil D’Souza wt Band, The Colour Compound, Peter Cat Recording Co, Sky Rabbit, singer-songwriters Alisha Pais, Siddharth Basrur and a rock and Reggae blend by Tough on Tobacco .
The international acts range from singer songwriters to Indie rock bands:-
– AWOLNATION- an American electronic rock band, formed and fronted by Aaron Bruno. The band released their debut album Megalithic Symphony in 2011
– Joe Purdy – an American folk singer-songwriter who has recorded and released twelve albums in over eight years
– Cults-is an indie pop band based in New York City. Cults was formed in 2010 with guitarist Brian Oblivion and singer Madeline Follin. They began making music in their spare time to share with their friends, including fellow band Bedhead.
– Dub Mafia – The seven-piece band who blend drum and bass, dub, bashment, breakbeat & reagge and world music into their own unique sound. Today, they have become one of the most popular dance acts in the UK, Europe and beyond, and are currently recording their debut album.
– Dubblestandart– Is of the most acclaimed, incendiary “modern” Dub sounding acts with vibrant sound clash of industrialized Dub power with their feeling for pop flavored epic melodies that has a cosmic vibe. Today they are considered as an outstanding and stunning act in the recent reggae history
– Julian Marley & The Uprising – Son of reggae legend Bob Marley is a Grammy award nominated, roots-reggae musician, singer-songwriter, producer and humanitarian.
Shridhar Subramaniam, President India and Middle East, Sony Music Entertainment said, “We have always wanted to showcase the acclaimed LFTC to music fans in the rest of India. A two day outdoor Festival in Goa during the holiday season in December was the best way to do this. This festival will be very different from what fans have experienced before. Our lineup is a mix of reggae and Indie rock with artists like Julian Marley, Cults, Joe Purdy to name a few. We are keeping the essence of our Mumbai editions with no frills, no VIP sections and pure music as our core!”
Further adds on, Owen Roncon, Founder – Oranjuice Entertainment “We are very excited to take Live from the Console to Goa and present it outdoor through a festival. We have witnessed a great response in Mumbai and we are confident that Goa will be bigger and better. We are retaining the essence and promising two days of sheer musical fun!”
Commenting on the Goa edition, Zanita Kajiji, Marketing & Innovation Director, Diageo India, added, “Rowson’s Reserve Smooth Spaces (RRSS) is all about providing a platform to original and experimental forms of entertainment in an easy- going setting. The Live from the Console brings in some really cool artists offering quality music acts and that makes us great partners. While we have been hosting LFTC in Mumbai for quite some time now to great success and enjoyment, we thought it really exciting to take it to Goa at the yearend I combining classy performances in the chilled out setting of Goa which just takes the concept to a higher level.