Earlier this evening at Baga beach, a group of six fishermen aged between 25 to 30 years were out fishing when their boat hit the swell in the sea at Baga beach. In a state of panic, all 6 males jumped into the water and the current began to drift them into the sea. Drishti supervisor Mangesh Gawas immediately rushed to the scene with a jet ski and safely rescued three males. Drishti lifesavers Babaji Ankush Naik, Prathmesh Mahale and Kiran Pawar rescued the remaining three victims with the help of a rescue tube and rescue board. Lifesavers assisted the six fishermen and brought each of the victims back to safety. Their vitals were checked and found to be normal.
Search our blog
- Goa Hospitality Stakeholders seek Better Skilling, Rationalised Taxes, Tariff ahead of Goa Budget
- Echoes of Earth Opens with Tribute to Goan Heritage with Ghode Modni and Ghumot Performances
- Badal Katewa wins men’s singles and doubles title at Gadre Gaspar Dias Open 2024
- Tunes on the Tides to present ‘Sounds from Goa’ featuring Entre Nos at The Aguad
- Do not kill bees out of superstition, ignorance: Ex-Dy. Director of Agriculture Vitthal Joshi